Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
All support for Intel NUC 7 - 13 systems has transitioned to ASUS. Read latest update.
16481 Discussions

RTL viewer problem with array of buses, it separates all bits.

GLous
Novice

I have an VHDL code that uses arrays of buses, I'm reading 10 groups of 4 ASICS of 16 bits each, the problem is that RTL is showing me each bit separately so is showing a gigantic diagram very difficult to follow and useless for documentation.

I'm using Quartus Pro 18.0

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

I suspect, it seems to be bug.

Can you provide the project file(.qpf) so that we can replicate the issue?

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
GLous
Novice

Hi Vikas,

I'm trying to upload the qpf file but the web gets stuck so I copy here two qpf files, the first one is the project I have been doing that it was created with quartus standard edition on a linux and the new project I've created now because I saw that the qpf file was keeping information of the standard version and no the pro.

STANDARD

# -------------------------------------------------------------------------- # # # Copyright (C) 2018 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. # Your use of Intel Corporation's design tools, logic functions # and other software and tools, and its AMPP partner logic # functions, and any output files from any of the foregoing # (including device programming or simulation files), and any # associated documentation or information are expressly subject # to the terms and conditions of the Intel Program License # Subscription Agreement, the Intel Quartus Prime License Agreement, # the Intel FPGA IP License Agreement, or other applicable license # agreement, including, without limitation, that your use is for # the sole purpose of programming logic devices manufactured by # Intel and sold by Intel or its authorized distributors. Please # refer to the applicable agreement for further details. # # -------------------------------------------------------------------------- # # # Quartus Prime # Version 18.0.0 Build 614 04/24/2018 SJ Standard Edition # Date created = 10:00:10 Juni 10, 2018 # # -------------------------------------------------------------------------- #   QUARTUS_VERSION = "18.0" DATE = "10:00:10 Juni 10, 2018"   # Revisions   PROJECT_REVISION = "compactorV01"

PRO

# -------------------------------------------------------------------------- # # # Copyright (C) 2018 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. # Your use of Intel Corporation's design tools, logic functions # and other software and tools, and its AMPP partner logic # functions, and any output files from any of the foregoing # (including device programming or simulation files), and any # associated documentation or information are expressly subject # to the terms and conditions of the Intel Program License # Subscription Agreement, the Intel Quartus Prime License Agreement, # the Intel FPGA IP License Agreement, or other applicable license # agreement, including, without limitation, that your use is for # the sole purpose of programming logic devices manufactured by # Intel and sold by Intel or its authorized distributors. Please # refer to the applicable agreement for further details. # # -------------------------------------------------------------------------- # # # Quartus Prime # Version 18.0.0 Build 219 04/25/2018 SJ Pro Edition # Date created = 09:15:03 August 15, 2018 # # -------------------------------------------------------------------------- #   QUARTUS_VERSION = "18.0" DATE = "09:15:03 August 15, 2018"   # Revisions   PROJECT_REVISION = "UTDataProc"

In both cases I see the same problem

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Thanks & I appreciate your efforts but we need project file to replicate.

Can you attach that project file(.qpf) as a zip?

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

0 Kudos
GLous
Novice

Hi Vikas,

I tried to upload the file here but the web stucks no matter the browser I use(firefox, vhrome or Edge) so I attach the link to the file in my cernbox.

https://cernbox.cern.ch/index.php/s/i9WBfS9VqwavbnC

thanks,

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

I could able to replicate the issue & presently it is unavailable.

Once I get any inputs definitely I will reach to you.

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

0 Kudos
GLous
Novice

Hi,

Merci, for now I have a workaround for documentation but makes me having extra "for generate loops" all over the code.

I t seems that RTL viewer was not coded to understand arrays of arrays of std_logic_vectors, in the old altera forums there was a questions of 2010 with the same issue.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Guillermo