Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Regenerate .ip files automatically

RPett4
Beginner

In our version control tool, only the *.ip files were checked in. When I try to compile the design in Quartus, it complains that "The synthesis RTL for *.ip has not been generated. Generate the synthesis RTL from within Platform Designer." In Quartus, I can manually open each *.ip file in the "IP Parameter Editor" and click "Generate HDL..." and everything is fine.

Is there a way to automate this step? I would like to just click "Compile Design" and then have these "Generate HDL" commands happen automatically.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kenny_Tan

There is a option for you,

You can go to assignment -> settings -> IP settings. Check which setting you will need to turn on.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kenny_Tan

There is a option for you,

You can go to assignment -> settings -> IP settings. Check which setting you will need to turn on.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Any update?

0 Kudos
RPett4
Beginner

This is a pretty good solution, and it worked. Does this setting get saved into a project file? The reason I ask is that if I build on my own computer, it works fine since I have already changed the setting in my instance of Quartus Prime. But if someone else tried to compile the project on a different computer, my worry is that it would fail and it is possible that they would not know that this setting needs to be changed.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Yes, it should be. what you can do is archieve the project to *.qar files. Can unarchieve it to check the setting again.

If it does not save, let me know as it would be a bug.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Any further question?

0 Kudos