Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Routing congestion problem

Yogesh
Novice

After synthesis, Fitter terminates due to routing congestion .

Average interconnect usage (total/H/V) 40.3% / 38.1% / 47.0%
Peak interconnect usage (total/H/V) 69.8% / 67.2% / 78.1%
Maximum fan-out 93034
Highest non-global fan-out 3773
Total fan-out 765512
Average fan-out 3.69

Warning (16684): The router is trying to resolve an exceedingly large amount of congestion. At the moment, it predicts long routing run time and/or significant setup or hold timing failures. Congestion details can be found in the Chip Planner.
Warning (16618): Fitter routing phase terminated due to routing congestion. Congestion details can be found in Chip Planner.
Error (170143): Final fitting attempt was unsuccessful

Please answer my below queries:
1) How to address this issue ? I referred to optimization document, but only understood and I could just address threshold level and view the chip layout in chip planner ? I didnt understand how to see what signals , in which module has high fan-out /routing etc? please help me with this. Document which i refferred is below:

Intel® Quartus® Prime Standard Edition Handbook Volume 2 Design Implementation and Optimization

2) Is there some detailed report showing routing signals?
3) Can I find out which module is causing high routing congestion?So that I can change the coding style of that particular module .

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may report the routing utilization in the chip planner. 

KhaiChein_Y_Intel_0-1594174583056.png

The routing congested area will be shaded in pink/purple. You may check which module is placed at that location.

Capture3.PNG

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos