Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

SPI and I2C errors when given command Processing -> Start -> Start Analysis and Elaboration

kmunj
Beginner

When I use SPI symbol (Avalon-ST Serial Peripheral Interface intel FPGA IP) from Quartus Prime Lite Edition, I get following error;

Error (12006): Node instance "inst12" instantiates undefined entity "SPI". Ensure that required library paths are specified correctly, define the specified entity, or change the instantiation. If this entity represents Intel FPGA or third-party IP, generate the synthesis files for the IP.

I checked the path is correct. I generated synthesis files also. But I keep on getting this error.

I got similar errors when I tried to use I2C symbol (I2C slave to Avalon-MM master bridge intel FPGA IP).

How to get rid of these issues?

Thanks

Kiran

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Kiran,

I was able Analysis and Elaboration successfully without any error using Quartus Lite 18.1 and Avalon-ST Serial Peripheral Interface Intel FPGA IP for cyclone V device.

Try by recreating the project.

Attached project & log files.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
kmunj
Beginner

​Thanks, Anand.

I forgot to add .qsys and .qip files to the project. Once I did that it worked.

Next I did the same with I2C and it worked. I managed to compile the design and tried to write a byte into FPGA from my STM32F769 Nucleo board. But it's not working. Is there an app note or a tutorial on how to make this work? I am using "altera_i2cslave_to_avlmm_bridge". I am using address x55 (7-bit).

I don't get any errors when I compile, but it doesn't work.

Thanks

Kiran

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Kiran,

please open a new case as we are moving away from the subject. Which will help the forum community.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos