Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16642 Discussions

STAP steering vector generation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello everyone 

I have run one of DSP builder's reference designs named STAP steering vector generation, the dsp builder made a vhdl code. I changed the inputs to constant signals. and just a clock ,areset and a start signal named go_s are the inputs. the code will work exactly true, as I checked it in Qsim software. but whenever I program it on the stratix EP4sgx device, the outputs which are 32 bit floating point will have zero value 

has anyone run this refernce design or can you help me checking the vhdl code whhich is attached? 

thank you so much
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

if you connected all the inputs to constants, have you checked that Quartus hasnt removed all the logic?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you for your quick answer 

but what do you mean by removing all the logic? I defined that input signals whith the same name they had before this .
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You mention that all inputs have been connected to constants. Often, if you leave the inputs constant, unless there is complicated logic in between then the output is constant, so no logic will be created or can be removed. Have you checked this.

0 Kudos