Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Selection using shift + cursor up/down in Quartus 13.0

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can somebody check this for me as I've replicated it in two installs now and it is driving me mad... 

When editing a files in Quartus I frequently use shift + cursor keys to select text. In Quartus 12.1 and earlier, this worked fine as it does in very many other programs. In Quartus 13.0, I find that I can only select a single line this way. Trying to select multiple lines doesn't. 

If somebody else gets the same, let us know and I'll file a bug report. 

Thanks. 

edit --- 

Add to this, select a section of text and press ctrl and it deselects. Bit of a pain when you want to ctrl c / ctrl x....
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

and today it appears to be working fine.....

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same problem one day there is the problem another day no!!!Fantastic!!!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Solution, use a better text editor. You can even setup quartus to open files in the external editor. Notepad++ is good and free

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Just had it happen to me again. A restart of Quartus sorted it. 

I do use Notepad++ for all sorts of stuff but not normally when using Quartus. I've just switched it on - I'm not sure though if it is for me.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I actually prefer ultraedit to notepad++, but its not free. Notepad ++ is the best free alternative (IMO)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I prefer textpad over the quartus editor.

0 Kudos