Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15329 Discussions

Signal Tap: Group the signals with different Clocks (trigger clocks) in a single Quartus project

HBhat2
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have 2 different Transceiver channels and 2 different user data logic corresponding to each transceiver. I want to monitor the user data logic of all the 2 Transceiver channels using signal tap. But, each user logic will have different clock domains (tx& RX user clocks) . Also, I am aware of only one signaltap (.stp) file can be added in a quartus project at a time.

So, my question is whether there is a way I can add different user logic signals with corresponding trigger clock to .stp file?

With regards,

HPB

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Right-click in the instance manager and create another instance of Signal Tap. You can set a unique sampling clock and node list for each instance. To start running multiple instances simultaneously, shift or control-click the multiple instances before clicking Run.

#iwork4intel