Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16333 Discussions

[SignalTap] Hot to trigger on the NOT condition

amildm
Valued Contributor I

Hi All,

I have a 16-bits bus added to SignalTap.

So, what conditions should I set in the SignalTap so that it will be triggered on any value on the bus, which is different from 0x5555?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Hmm, never thought about doing that.  I guess you should check if there is a NOT object when building an Advanced Trigger.  Or you could create an advanced trigger that ORs <0x5555 and >0x5555 comparisons.

Or you could create 2 trigger conditions.  The first one would be a basic AND trigger for 0x5555.  In the second trigger condition column, you'd set each bit to look for "either edge" transitions so the logic analyzer would ultimately trigger any time a bit switched away from 0x5555.

RichardTanSY_Intel

May I know does the suggestion from sstrell helps?

RichardTanSY_Intel

Since there are no feedback for this thread, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

amildm
Valued Contributor I

I'm testing the solution, will provide my feedback a bit later.

0 Kudos