Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15397 Discussions

SignalTap Program device to continue

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

1st post, treat me gentle. I searched the forum and did not find an answer to my problem. I have an infrequent failure that locks up my design. Yesterday the test guy was running and had the failure, I hooked up the bitblaster to the card, opened up the project in quartus, opened up signal tap and I get the "program device to continue" message. That would clear my failure, no can do. I export the stp file, close quartus, then open the stp file, same deal. I have never used signaltap when I was not configuring with jtag, now I am configuring from flash on the PWB. What do I need to do to make this work. (why can I not use carriage returns in this post?:confused: PC windows 7) CarlBoyd

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

More info 

(Hey carriage returns are working now, I wonder what I did wrong yesterday) 

I did the build in a batch run on Linux. 

I then opened the project on a PC with a bridge to the Linux file server. 

I then opened Signaltap and experienced the problems above. 

Any ideas? 

CarlBoyd
SBasa5
Beginner

Hello Carl.

I have encountered similar obstacle. I want to signaltap after FPGA is reconfigured from flash (with the SAME binary image - i have triple checked this).

But signaltap complains:

Invalid JTAG Configuration / Error (261005): Can't find the instance. Download a design with SRAM Object File containing this instance.

Does signaltap require single JTAG session for programming and debugging?

I know it has been long time but if you found solution please share :)