Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Software usage through VMWare Horizons

gshu
Beginner

Hi all,

Trying to find any info on whether Quartus is able to be used through any of the following options without breaking the software license agreement. Thanks for any input.

• Brokered connection to a remote desktop
    Students connect to a broker service which then connects them directly (one-to-one) to a computer in the labs/classrooms.  In this case the remote desktop is the same computer students use when physically visiting a computer lab or classroom.  The software is installed on the physical computer and is not virtual.  We would simply redirect a student to a lab computer similar to RDP.
  • Virtual OS
    The application is installed on a virtual operating system hosted by a server.  Students connect and a virtual OS is delivered to their device.  In most cases the software is limited by network licensing.  
  • Virtual application
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Shuler,

The first option seem okay and possible for you student and I would suggest that. Assuming that broker service is like VNC Viewer? The Quartus license depend on your NIC ID that associate with the remoted machine therefore I think should not be an issue as you are remoting machine that has a valid license and NIC ID. The rest I am not sure maybe we can have a quick call on this for more details.

Thanks,

Regards

gshu
Beginner

Thank you for the response,

They would be using VMWare Horizons installed on their computer and connecting remotely from their house, onto a computer on campus that already has the software installed. The license is managed a by a server.

Thank you for our help!

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Shuler,

No problem. Let me know if there is any concern regarding this otherwise I will put this to close pending.

0 Kudos