Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16704 Discussions

Supported RHEL version for Quartus

UmarM
Novice

Hi,

I am trying to work out the supported versions of RHEL for various versions of Quartus prime as we are using version 20.4, 21.1,21.3,21.4 and 22.x on RHEL 7.7 and now we want to upgrade the underlying OS from RHEL 7.7 to RHEL 8.7 but according to Software Operating System (OS) Support Information | Intel Table 3, the supported version listed for RHEL 8 is RHEL8.2 only. I have attached a snapshot from the same page.

Can any one please confirm if they have used the later versions of RHEL 8, are they supprted and intel has not updated the page yet. or is there an other link that shows the compatible OS versions for different versions of Quartus Prime Pro.

Thanks and Regards,

UmarM_0-1699829739145.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

The OS webpage information is correct.

Please use Quartus Pro version 23.1 onwards if you plan to upgrade to Red Hat(*) Enterprise Linux(*) 8.7

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey. 

0 Kudos
UmarM
Novice

@RichardTanSY_Intel unfortunately we cannot use Quartus Pro version 23.1 for all and that is due to backward compatibility issue with some of the previously deployed application and its integration.

That was the reason I did ask that the versions shown in the attached picture are for that particular version of RHEL or other versions of RHEL are compatible as well. If you can answer that question then it will be great.

Thanks 

Umar 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

The attached picture indicates that the Quartus is supported only for that particular RHEL version.

While you can attempt to run it on other RHEL versions, it's important to note that we would not be able to provide any technical support for any issues encountered on unsupported versions.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
UmarM
Novice

Hi @RichardTanSY_Intel ,

Thank you for the reply, Yes I can see in the attached picture that for version 23.1 is listed as supported version with multiple versions of RHEL but my question is still there that what about the previous versions of Quartus. I have also found in the documentation on 2.3. Software Requirements (intel.com) under Software requirement it says in Table 1 for OS as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and 8 and lists the RPM packages required for them. It does not specify any specific version of RHEL 7 or 8. I have attached a screen shot of that here so please can you check it again and then confirm as what you are telling me is I know from that table in the previously attached picture but what this documentation is saying is different.

UmarM_0-1700018422182.png

Thank you,

Regards,

Umar

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

The document stated "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and 8" mean that if you are using either RHEL 7.x or 8.x, then you will need to install the Prerequisite stated in the table. That does not mean that it will support the RHEL 7.0 or 8.0.

You will need to refer to the Operating System Support page to get the most up-to-date FPGA software operating system requirements, stated in the section 2.1. Minimum Hardware Requirements.

capture.JPG

There is also a readme.txt (available at Operating System Support page) that you can download and check which specific OS is supported for each Quartus software version (attached below is v21.4).

capture1.JPG

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
UmarM
Novice

@RichardTanSY_Intel Thank you, that would give me enough information for putting forward my use case with the technical team.

Appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Umar

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

You're welcome, I'm pleased to know that your question has been addressed. 

With that, I will transition this thread to community support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey.

0 Kudos
UmarM
Novice

@RichardTanSY_Intel Can you please also comment on which version of Quartus Prime Standard we can use with RHEL 8.7 as the latest available version is 22.1 and that is showing 8.6 as supported version of RHEL.

Thanks

Umar

0 Kudos
UmarM
Novice

@RichardTanSY_Intel @intel  Please confirm....

Which version of Quartus Prime Standard we can use with RHEL 8.7 as the latest available version is 22.1 and that is showing 8.6 as supported version of RHEL.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

@UmarM 

You can use Quartus Standard 23.1, which was released last week and comes with RHEL 8.7 support.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-software/os-support.html#tab-blade-1-1

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos