Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Symbol Editor - "Save as.." not working for files in libraries used with relative paths

HBirk
Novice

I am using designs with schematic diagrams as Top-Level.

When I use the Symbol Editor by right-clicking a symbol and selecting "Edit selected Symbol" I cannot the symbol with a new name by using "File" > "Save as..". The expected filemanager window (where path and filename can be entered) does not appear.

This is the case for symbols in libraries that are used with relative paths in my projects.
For symbols in libraries used with absolute paths the "Save as.." works fine.

Tested with Quartus Prime Lite 21.1.0, 20.1.0 and 19.1.0. under Windows 10.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The top-level schematic diagrams bdf file must be in same directory or folder with the symbols in libraries that are used with relative paths. Then only the problem mentioned above can be solved.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution and give Kudos.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The top-level schematic diagrams bdf file must be in same directory or folder with the symbols in libraries that are used with relative paths. Then only the problem mentioned above can be solved.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution and give Kudos.

HBirk
Novice

That's too bad. In older Quartus Versions (e.g. 14.1.0) the "Save As.." functionality is working fine, even if the toplevel and the libraries (used with relative paths) are not in the same directory.
So my workaround will remain using an outdated Quartus Version in order to create symbols derived from existing files.

0 Kudos