Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16609 Discussions

Synthesis error while getting parameters from interface

PiotrWija
Novice

Hi,

I'm trying to synthesis code where based on parameters from interface I create structure and the once again I take interface parameters. Such a case results with error:

Error(13433): Verilog HDL Defparam Statement error at top.sv(34): value for parameter "WIDTH_2" must be constant expression 

I check the code in Vivado and Questa and it works well. 

Please find attached source code and log from quartus.

Steps to replicate: 

1. Use `Quartus Prime Pro Edition 22.2.0` with any devices installed
  2. Create a new project, add following code to `top.sv` file.
  3. Set `top` as Top-level Entity
  4. Run `Analysis & Synthesis`
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VenTingT
Employee

Update from Engineering Team: The issue is planned to fix in the Quartus future release version 23.1.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ven Ting

View solution in original post

6 Replies
VenTingT
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for attaching the file. I will check this with the Engineering Team. It might take some time to debug the issue, please stay tuned.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ven Ting

0 Kudos
VenTingT
Employee

FYI, Engineering Team requires some time to investigate further to the error. Kindly stay tuned with us.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ven Ting

0 Kudos
PiotrWija
Novice

Thank you for an update.

Regards,

Piotr Wija

0 Kudos
VenTingT
Employee

Update from Engineering Team: The issue is planned to fix in the Quartus future release version 23.1.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ven Ting

ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Internal latest feedback:

This issue got fixed by Verific in Aug-22 release. Yet to integrate this Verific release into Quartus.

Now, asking internal team for any workaround or patch released for this issue. Please allow some working time.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Sheng

PiotrWija
Novice

Hi,

thank you for the update. I do not need any workaround. I will wait for Quartus 23.1.

Best regards,

Piotr Wija

0 Kudos