Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16793 Discussions

Text is not displayed correctly in MegaWizard Plugin Manager

kefirchk
Beginner

I reinstalled Windows 10. Before that, Quartus worked fine, but after the reinstallation, the text in the MegaWizard Plugin Manager stopped displaying normally. I tried to reinstall the OS again, reinstalled Quartus a thousand times - nothing helped. Someone please help me urgently, because without this manager I cannot create many elements in “megafunctions”, which is very important to me for my work.
Below are screenshots of my problem (the text is not displayed normally):2ZZCAUPk29k.jpgIXEh3a4Jr9o.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What version of Quartus?  That looks positively ancient.  Probably not compatible with Windows 10 whatever old version it is.  I'm surprised it ever looked OK.

What device are you targeting?  Unless it's a legacy device of some type you could certainly use a newer version of the software.

0 Kudos
kefirchk
Beginner

I used Quartus II 9.1 Web edition. I currently have Windows 10 version 22H2 installed.
It actually looked readable before. I only worked with Quartus on my computer for educational purposes. I am very used to version 9.1 and would not like to change it. But apparently this is the only way out. I installed version 13.1, everything works fine, problem solved!
Thank you

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I'm pleased to hear that you've resolved the issue. 

FYI, Quartus II 9.1 is a discontinued software so there will be no technical support from the engineering side.

It would be recommended to opt for the latest supported Quartus version for your device. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-software/devices-support.html

Since the issue has been solved, I will transition this thread to community support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you and have a great day!

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos