Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Timequest for asynchronous design

VFres
Beginner

​Hello,

Is it possible to use timequest to have information about delays inside an asynchronous design?

I would like to know the time between 2 nodes that are not linked by any clock. I have just combinatorial functions.

But if I try to use the report_path command:

report_path -from [x] -to [y]

I just receive:

Report Path: No paths were found

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You don't mention what x and y are (ports, pins?) but the main command to use is report_timing. It should look something like this:

report_timing -setup -from [get_[pins/ports] x] -to [get_[pins/ports] y]

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Does the design contain any registers? You can see the delay for a combinational logic between registers by reporting the timing between the registers. The Timing Analyzer recognizes and analyzes the following timing paths only.

• Edge paths—connections from ports-to-pins, from pins-to-pins, and from pins-to-ports.
  • Clock paths—connections from device ports or internally generated clock pins to the clock pin of a register.
  • Data paths—connections from a port or the data output pin of a sequential element to a port or the data input pin of another sequential element.
  • Asynchronous paths—connections from a port or asynchronous pins of another sequential element such as an asynchronous reset or asynchronous clear.

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
VFres
Beginner

​Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

So if I don't have any register there is no way to know delays between luts?

report_timing gives the same:

"Report Timing: No setup paths were found" 

Best regards

0 Kudos
skyjuice
Employee

report_path should be able to do what you want. Just make sure you use the correct filter as what sstrell mentioned

0 Kudos