Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15320 Discussions

Timequest for asynchronous design

VFres
Beginner

​Hello,

Is it possible to use timequest to have information about delays inside an asynchronous design?

I would like to know the time between 2 nodes that are not linked by any clock. I have just combinatorial functions.

But if I try to use the report_path command:

report_path -from [x] -to [y]

I just receive:

Report Path: No paths were found

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You don't mention what x and y are (ports, pins?) but the main command to use is report_timing. It should look something like this:

report_timing -setup -from [get_[pins/ports] x] -to [get_[pins/ports] y]

#iwork4intel

KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Does the design contain any registers? You can see the delay for a combinational logic between registers by reporting the timing between the registers. The Timing Analyzer recognizes and analyzes the following timing paths only.

• Edge paths—connections from ports-to-pins, from pins-to-pins, and from pins-to-ports.
  • Clock paths—connections from device ports or internally generated clock pins to the clock pin of a register.
  • Data paths—connections from a port or the data output pin of a sequential element to a port or the data input pin of another sequential element.
  • Asynchronous paths—connections from a port or asynchronous pins of another sequential element such as an asynchronous reset or asynchronous clear.

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

VFres
Beginner

​Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

So if I don't have any register there is no way to know delays between luts?

report_timing gives the same:

"Report Timing: No setup paths were found" 

Best regards

skyjuice
Employee

report_path should be able to do what you want. Just make sure you use the correct filter as what sstrell mentioned