Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Unable to generate bsp project from eclipse.

imarz1
Novice

In Eclipse when I click "Finish" to create new BSP project based on my .sopcinfo file, I get error:

" Executing: wsl dos2unix create-this-bsp; ./create-this-bsp --cpu-name nios2_proc --no-make (D:\intelFPGA_lite\Projects\New_Proj\software\Proj_SW_bsp)

'wsl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file."

Then I found this:

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/embedded/2019/error--failed-to-execute--wsl---create-this-bsp-no-make.html

So, I tried to launch Eclipse from command shell, and it made no difference.

Is there any new fix for this ugly problem ?

Or should I use older version ? Which ?

I am using Quartus II Prime Lite 19.1

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
imarz1
Novice

Yes, WSL was not actually installed. Thank you.

Now, I am getting new error:

/bin/bash: dos2unix: command not found

./create-this-bsp: line 4: $'\r': command not found

./create-this-bsp: line 11: $'\r': command not found

./create-this-bsp: line 20: syntax error near unexpected token `$'in\r''

./create-this-bsp: line 20: ` case "$1" in

Could it be path finding issue ? Or am I missing something ? I do not even know where dos2unix is installed.

Do I need to do something in Eclipse to help it find this dos2unix ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
imarz1
Novice

I was able to resolve the issue, and my Eclipse now compiles perfectly.

It turns out this Intel page https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2019/how-do-i-install-the-windows--subsystem-for-linux---wsl--on-wind.html

which has instructions on how to install WSL, was missing key instruction shown below as #a:

a. sudo apt-get update ---- this was missing from Intel instruction

b. sudo apt install wsl

c. sudo apt install dos2unix

d. sudo apt install make

As a result, during installation of WSL I was getting Linux error "E: Unable to locate package wsl".

Then later in Eclipse I was getting the error: /bin/bash: dos2unix: command not found , and I could not compile the project.

0 Kudos
Jesper
Beginner

What is even more confusing is that WSL and the Linux distribution that you may have installed under Windows 10, such as Ubuntu, is not the same!

I had to open WSL console in Windows 10 and install make and dos2unix. Installing it in my Ubuntu installation did not work. 

This is very frustrating. There should be a much simpler way to install the necessary tools for NIOS than this.

0 Kudos