Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Unable to print selection in Quartus.

JOHI
New Contributor II

Hello,

In these times of increasing environmental awareness, saving printed paper is important.

The basic strategy is not to print anything. However, from time to time, printing of source code is necessary.

Therefore my question is how to print only a selection of the source code in Quartus? If I select a portion of code, select print, the radio button "selection" remains grayed in the print dialog box. I this by design or am I missing something?

Best Regards,

Johi.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Can you use "pages" option as a workaround at the moment?

JOHI
New Contributor II

Hello KYeoh,

Thanks for the reaction, however i do not understand what you mean.

Can you be more specific?

My current workaround is to open the file in visual studio and then select what I need to print.

Best Regards,

Johi.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi JOHI,

The pages option is

pages.png 

Thanks

Best regards,

KYeoh

0 Kudos
JOHI
New Contributor II
Hello KYeoh, Thanks for the information, I looked more or less at all menu's instead the trivial one... For the moment opening my file in Visual Studio and printing what i need to print is much better than guessing on wich page the info i need will be. Can you tell me if the development team that works on Quartus is planning to take a look at this point? Best Regards, Johi.
0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi Johi,

May I know what edition (Pro / Standard / Lite) and version you are using?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JOHI
New Contributor II

KYeoh,

Version 17.1 and 18.1 have the same problem.

I am using the standard version 18.1, with network license.

Best Regards,

Johi.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi Johi,

The Intel Quartus Prime Standard edition software is in maintenance mode. Kindly refer to the release note: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/rn/rn-qts-std-dev-support.pdf

Thanks.

0 Kudos