Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

What is the application of the following executables inside the sopc_builder/bin folder?

gyuunyuu
New Contributor II

These executables exist inside the Quartus sopc_builder/bin folder and all start with the prefix ip-

ip-cache-check

ip-catalog

ip-datasheet

ip-generate

ip-lint

ip-make-ipx

ip-make-simscript

ip-setup-simulation

While I know about qsys-generate which is often used, the above are all unknown. It is not completely clear when these can come in handy. Could anyone shed some light on these please? Reading the text that comes from the --help switch is not completely helpful.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @gyuunyuu,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope you are doing well.
For the mention executable, they are actually the Platform designer command shell utilities.
There are further explanation and details available in the following link here. (i.e. under section 'Platform Designer Command-Line Utilities')

Warm regards.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @gyuunyuu,

Hope this message find you well and good day, as we do not receive any response from you to the previous clarification that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

Warm Regards

0 Kudos