Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

What is the procedure for using package file in Platform Designer?

Hi I am having an issue with package files in Platform Designer (Quartus 18.1). I am trying to create a new component in PD. My design consists of a number of vhdl files plus vhdl package files. I loaded all the files, including the package files, then ran "Analyze HDL Files". This produced the following error:

"Error: VHDL Use Clause error at Radent_Slave.vhd(37)": design lirary "dut_lib" does not contain primary unit "act_pkg" File: ../../../vhdl/Radnet_Slave.vhd Line: 37"

In order to debug the above error I copied the contents of the vhdl package to the top of each module file.But when I tried to load all the vhdl files without copying the package info into each module file I got the error above. So my question is:

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Correction: In order to debug the above error, I copied the contents of the vhdl package to the top of each module file. This worked fine after running "Analyze HDL Files".

But when I tried to load all the vhdl files without copying the package info into each module file I got the error quoted above. Screen shot of the error is also included.

Please advise how to use vhdl package files in Package Designer. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi JRoth3, Did you include the package in the HDL file? Example, use library_name.package_name.all Thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi JRoth3,

Is there any updates?

Thanks.

0 Kudos