Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15553 Discussions

Where are the altera_up_avalon_adc.h and altera_up_avalon_parallel_port.h header files located?

dpavl2
Beginner

I'm running an HPS (Ubuntu 18 on DE1-SoC) system and am trying to interface with the onboard ADC. I've had limited success with the device tree, and think that I must add some entries to instantiate the avalon bus, but am unsure of how to do this. Also, I am looking for those header files: altera_up_avalon_adc.h and altera_up_avalon_parallel_port.h. I can't seem to find them in my Quartus 13.1 installation folder.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelvinSwee_T_Intel

Hi,

I am reviewing all the open questions on the forums and found this thread of yours. I apologize that no one seems to answer this question that you posted. Since it has been a few days since you posted this question, I am wondering if you have found the answer? If not, I can assign someone to assist you. Let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Melvin  

Fawaz_J_Intel
Employee

Hello,

altera_up_avalon_adc.h and altera_up_avalon_parallel_port.h are the drivers of the ADC soft core IP. This driver can be used only for Nios II development.

For HPS, these files are meaningless.

You should use a linux ADC driver.

thanks