Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16661 Discussions

Why does Quartus II not have get_all_location_assignments collection in tcl?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The set_location_assignment is used to set a port on the design to connect to a pin on the FPGA. I doubt this has any other applications. 

How do I get a collection of all the pin location assignments and print them to a file since a collection cannot be obtained using the expected way. 

How does one use tcl to remove all pin assignments in the pin planner so we can start over again?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Assignmnet Editor has a Filter to show Location assignments only. Sort/delete/disable from there is what I usually do. (It can also be done in Tcl if you really want to do that, but the AE has always been so easy)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i think because it caught by some virus, maybe just try , just copy the code below for tcl 

"tcl 1 : command : please remove all pins : remove: remove it"
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The purpose here is to learn more about tcl and less about how to assign/remove pin assignments. 

By the way newzealand, I do know enough tcl to know that your tcl has syntax errors in it.
0 Kudos