Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16638 Discussions

Why wont Quartus Prime detect my FPGA?

AstarothJx
Beginner

Tried with the Latest version of Quartus Prime Lite , already tried going 4 versions back (currently using 21.1)

AstarothJx_0-1697308186522.png

Installed every driver i could find for the altera blaster

FPGA ( MAX ii EMP240)

i used to get Error 82 for the jtag server , that went away for some reason but i still cant get the hardware to show up

Using Windows 10 64 bit OS
device manager has no problem recognizing it 

AstarothJx_0-1697308098180.png

Then I found a link from Intel FAQ link (added below) requesting me to disable"Altera JTAG server" from the services. I did that as well but still no luck.

Already tried downloading Quartus Web 13, didnt work
also tried some commands from other forums and got this

C:\intelFPGA_lite\21.1\quartus\bin64>jtagserver --status
Installed JTAG server is 'C:\intelFPGA_lite\21.1\quartus\bin64\jtagserver.exe'
Server is running
Remote clients are disabled

C:\intelFPGA_lite\21.1\quartus\bin64>jtagconfig --serverinfo
Installed JTAG server is 'C:\intelFPGA_lite\21.1\quartus\bin64\jtagserver.exe'
Service manager reports server is running

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What hardware are you trying to connect to, a dev kit (which one?) or a custom board?

Show your schematic design if it's custom.

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

We have not received a reply from you. As such, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Feel free to open a new thread or login to ‘ https://supporttickets.intel.com ’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, feel free to rank your support experience by rating 4/5 survey. Please let me know of any inconvenience so that I may improve your future service experience.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Nurina W.

0 Kudos