Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Working processor but video core burned out? (core i7)

mende11eev
Beginner

Hi, I have a MacBook pro15 late  2013 top. He stopped turning on completely. I gave it to an unauthorized service center, they told me that the video core of the processor (iris) burned out, but the processor is working, and they offer to switch somehow from the video-core to an external video card. Is it possible that the video-core breaks but the processor is in working order or am I being deceived?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Apple has requested that all questions about their hardware be directed to Apple support.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
mende11eev
Beginner

I have nothing against this, it's just there is an Intel processor and an Intel video-core, I am not asking about the apple goods as such. I'm just asking if such a situation is possible that the Intel processor may have a faulty video core, and the processor remains working?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I am only providing the answer that apple has requested.

But, yes, it is possible for just the graphics to fail.  "burned  out" is not the right term.

You should still contact Apple.  And, it may be possible to replace just the processor.  If so, and the graphics still fail, then it is NOT the processor.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos