Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

any way to workaround "Error deleting "msim_transcript": permission denied problem?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm new at Altera products. When I'm writing a code in Quartus-II, I'm constantly re-writting and testing, after making a correction in the code I launch Modelsim simulator but then I'm forced to closed it, then re-writting code in Quartus-II and launch Modelsim again, and again and again. 

Otherwise I receive the windows warning, Nativelink Error: "msim_transcript" Permission denied. Check the NativeLink log file. 

What is the solution or workaround for this? 

ANOTHER QUESTION: I sometimes want to try an Idea over a current project code which is already working good, is there any way to "save the game" option, so I can freely mess with the code without consequences? What I do in this case is to create a totally new project and copy-page the code which is cumbersome.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

WOW 51 views an zero answers, this forum is very useful thing. Specially for a problem that might be VERY USUAL. but poor documented.:mad:

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I suggest using modelsim directly and avoid nativelink. It has some very simple commands for compiling and running simulations (you can also recompile code and restart the sim, without having to quit modelsim). 

As for your "save the game" option - have you considered version control - like SVN? that will do exactly what you want.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sujeto1, please did you get a solution to this problem? I am experiencing the same thing.

0 Kudos