Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

complex vector rotation implementation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to implement the table for cordic algorithm. However, I got several critical warning messages: 

1. No exact pin location assignment for the pins. 

2. Synopsys Design Constaints File not found: 'lut.sdc', which is required by TimeQuest Timing Analyzer to get proper timing constrainsts. 

The file is attached. Does anybody have any idea on how to fix the above two warnings? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

1. No exact pin location assignment for the pins. 

--- Quote End ---  

Open the pin assignment tool from Quartus menu bar and assign your design I/O signals to proper FPGA pins 

--- Quote Start ---  

2. Synopsys Design Constaints File not found: 'lut.sdc', which is required by TimeQuest Timing Analyzer to get proper timing constrainsts. 

--- Quote End ---  

Create a lut.sdc file and add at least the minimal constraints. Read the TQ tutorial if you don't know how to.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried some other simple design examples, and I have never had the need to create this file (lut.sdc) myself. What made everything different here?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I tried some other simple design examples, and I have never had the need to create this file (lut.sdc) myself. What made everything different here? 

--- Quote End ---  

I guess so far you copied and modified design examples which already contained all the required files. 

If you started your current design from scratch you need to define constraint files besides HDL code.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

"create a lut.sdc file and add at least the minimal constraints. read the tq tutorial if you don't know how to." Do you have a recommendation on a good tutorial with examples I could use in order to make this .sdc file?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A good start is the TQ user guide by forum user Rysc: http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/timequest_user_guide 

IMHO this is better than the 'official' Altera TQ tutorial. 

In the beginning you probably don't need to read it all. If you want to build a basic sdc file, simply follow the guidelines in the first part of section 3 (pages 72 to 77)
0 Kudos