Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

couldn't run EDA simulation library compiler

dsun01
New Contributor III

Dear Support, 

I am learning how to use Quartus Pro, under tools-> launch simulation library compiler, I filled the executable location correctly.  I confirmed that the vsim.exe is there. but the tools keep asking me to "specify the simulation tools executable location".  this really confuse me. 

please give instruction/hint how to set up the location correctly. the Quartus is 21.3. 

the Questa is 2021.04.

I posted this question before, but accidently put a wrong solution and accepted, but actuarily I still couldn't make this work. 

thank you 

David Sunquartus_simulation_ip_compile_question.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi David,

Please allow me some time to reproduce the error

and will be back with updates. Thanks

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi David,

Just to check with you, have you add /vsim.exe in "Executable Location"?

If no, kindly try to add /vsim.exe. If the issue still persist, kindly do let me know.

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
dsun01
New Contributor III

Hi Pavee, 

That was my initial post asking for,  when I put in the path of "Executable Location", the Quartus would not accept. I installed Questa, I can execute it with no problem.  QuestaSim is the only option for Quaruts Pro. and the path is correct. but I don't understand why Quartus keep asking me to specify the simulation tool executable location. I guess I misunderstand some terminology.  I hope I can get help in this forum. 

Thank you for your reply, hope you can give me some suggestion to make this work.

David

quartus_simulation_ip_compile_question2.png

0 Kudos