Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16865 Discussions

get_ports of entity-bound returns TOP level ports

alexislms
Valued Contributor I

I have an SDC file to constraint instances

set_global_assignment -name SDC_ENTITY_FILE cdc_handshake.sdc -entity cdc_handshake

set ports [get_ports * -nocase]
foreach_in_collection port $ports {
set name [get_port_info -name $port]
puts "$name"
}

returns all the ports of the TOP level, not the ports of the instance

How to get the ports of the instance?

Same results with get_clocks but get_cells correctly returns only cells of the instance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You probably need to add -hierarchical to get_ports.  Otherwise you can also do *|*|* etc. to get to the level you want.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi,

May I know if the issue has been resolved and if you still need help with this case?

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi,

Do you need any further assistance from my side?

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We noticed that we haven't received a response from you regarding the latest previous question/reply/answer, and will now transitioning your inquiry to our community support. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support.

The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos