Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15539 Discussions

how to delete a part of the design using ECOs

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, I have a circuit design containing 2 parts, the first part can run on it own, while the second part gets some input from the first part and gives some outputs. 

Is there any way that after compiling, I can use ECOs mode to delete the second part so that I can have two netlists, one with the second part and one without the second part? 

Because I want to use side-channel to evaluate what the difference caused by the second part only. 

I tried incremental design technique but it didn't give the result I expected. The routing and placement of the first part in 2 designs (one with the second part, one without the second part) are still somewhat slightly different. 

I want to keep it exactly the same. 

Thank you so much for reading. 

:)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

For ECO changes using Altera Quartus Chip planner & Resource property Editor refer the following link, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnhn5n7os78 

Best Regards 

Vikas Jathar  

Intel Customer Support – Engineering 

(Under Contract to Intel)