Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

install OpenCL RTE in custom Linux in DE1-SoC

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everybody, 

I am using DE1-SoC to implement an application, I have used buildroot and linux-socfpga, to build my custumized linux. 

It runs well, without problem. 

Now I want to add OpenCL RTE to my linux, to accelerate my application. 

what are the steps to do that? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Have you had a look at the getting started guide (https://www.altera.com/en_us/pdfs/literature/ug/aocl_rte_getting_started.pdf)? If you tell us about what step in particular you don't understand it will be easier to help you.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks The Smith, 

I have already read it, the examples run successfully using pre-built linux provided by the constructor. 

but I have a custom Linux (built by compiling the kernel and file system using buildroot). I added the RTE to the board, I have recompiled the aclsoc_drv.ko successfully. 

In the board I can load the init_opencl.sh, and execute 'aocl diagnose' without any problem, the device /dev/acl0 exists. But when I want to program my FPGA using 'aocl program /dev/acl0 file.aocx' it can not find the /sys/class/fpga-bridge and /sys/class/fpga/ directory, I found instead /sys/class/fpga-manager ??? 

Thanks
0 Kudos