Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14943 Discussions

localparam and parameter values in Synthesis report

BSuma
Beginner

I am writing a parameterized Verilog module. In the module I calculate some localparam values using the parameter valued passed.  Please seed the code below for example. I want to know the values calculated for localparam during synthesis. But I cannot find that information in reports shown in the Quartus Prime software. I am using Quartus Prime Lite edition.

Where can I find that information?

module Counter #(CLOCK_FREQUENCY=25000000,TIME=1000000)(
input Clk,
input Start,
output reg End
);

localparam megs = (CLOCK_FREQUENCY/1000000)*TIME;

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Have you tried to simulate the design?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

BSuma
Beginner

No, I didn't try to simulate it.

But, the code synthesizes and works when programmed to an FPGA chip.

KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may check the parameter value in Processing > Compilation Report > Synthesis > Parameter Settings by Entity Instance > Parameter Settings for XX.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

KhaiChein_Y_Intel
KhaiChein_Y_Intel
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Best regards,

KhaiY