Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

lspci does not recognize board after aocl install

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello. 

I have an stratix V SGX (EA7K2FC40C2N) dev. kit, in a PCIe slot. The machine runs CentOS 6.6. 

I installed Quartus II and OpenCL SDK (version 15.0) smoothly, and then, downloaded the "hello world" example (https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/design-examples/design-software/opencl.html). During instalation, the s5 (stratix V) boards supporte were included in directory <altera>/hld/ as expected (s5_ref). Note I'm using the s5_ref board. 

I have set the enviroment variables as below: 

export ALTERAOCLSDKROOT="/opt/altera/hld" export QSYS_ROOTDIR="/opt/altera/quartus/sopc_builder/bin" export PATH=$PATH:$ALTERAOCLSDKROOT/bin:/opt/altera/quartus/bin/ export AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT=$ALTERAOCLSDKROOT/board/s5_ref export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ALTERAOCLSDKROOT/host/linux64/lib:$AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT/linux64/lib  

Then, I ran the <altera>/hld/init_opencl.sh script and aocl install, which result is bellow. Except for the warnings, it seems ok. 

CC /tmp/opencl_driver_2iVUok/aclpci_queue.o CC /tmp/opencl_driver_2iVUok/aclpci.o CC /tmp/opencl_driver_2iVUok/aclpci_fileio.o CC /tmp/opencl_driver_2iVUok/aclpci_dma.o CC /tmp/opencl_driver_2iVUok/aclpci_cvp.o CC /tmp/opencl_driver_2iVUok/aclpci_cmd.o In file included from /tmp/opencl_driver_2iVUok/aclpci_cmd.c:58: include/linux/aer.h:38: warning: ‘struct pci_dev’ declared inside parameter list include/linux/aer.h:38: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want include/linux/aer.h:39: warning: ‘struct pci_dev’ declared inside parameter list include/linux/aer.h:40: warning: ‘struct pci_dev’ declared inside parameter list include/linux/aer.h:57: warning: ‘struct pci_dev’ declared inside parameter list LD /tmp/opencl_driver_2iVUok/aclpci_drv.o Building modules, stage 2. MODPOST 1 modules CC /tmp/opencl_driver_2iVUok/aclpci_drv.mod.o LD /tmp/opencl_driver_2iVUok/aclpci_drv.ko.unsigned NO SIGN /tmp/opencl_driver_2iVUok/aclpci_drv.ko make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-504.23.4.el6.x86_64'  

I ran dmesg and resulted in: 

aclpci_init (676): ---------------------------- aclpci_init (677): Driver version: 15.0. aclpci_init (698): pci_register_driver aclpci_init (704): success  

Everything seems fine, but "lspci | grep altera" command returns blank and "aocl diagnose" returns: 

Found no active device installed on the host machine. Please make sure to: 1. Set the environment variable AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT to the correct board package. 2. Install the driver from the selected board package. 3. Properly install the device in the host machine. 4. Configure the device with a supported OpenCL design. 5. Reboot the machine if the PCI Express link failed.  

Thus, I'm unable to flash .aocx files in the flash. 

I'm able to compile the "hello world" exemple with the "aoc -v --board s5_ref hello_world.cl". Thus, I have tried to program the FPGA with the .sof file generated (via USB-Blaster), but the desing is compiled for a diferent board. So I went to <altera>/hld/board/s5_ref/hardware/s5_ref/board_spec.xmland edited the device_model to the board I'm using. After recompilation of the "hello world" exemple the device is still not the desired. 

Any Ideia? 

(Sorry for the long post)
0 Kudos
0 Replies