Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16602 Discussions

modelsim altera starter simulation error with altera IP

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

i get an error when i try to compile my design that uses a ram IP featuring altera_syncram_component 

The error is "Unresolved defparam reference to 'enable_force_to_zero' in altera_syncram_component.enable_force_to_zero" 

Is this about a library missing or something to do with the version of modelism that i use ? (Modelsim Altera Starter Edition 10.4b) 

Thanks,
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I suspect you haven't included the necessary libraries in your simulation. Refer to the last post in this thread (http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54455) for details on how to include the relevant library. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Apparently i am missing the 'altera_syncram_component' module or whatever it is . In my project libraries however there are altera_ver, altera_mf_ver, altera_lnsim_ver included....in those libraries i can find an altera_syncram module but not altera_syncram_component... 

Attached is the source file where the simulator complains...i am not expert in verilog but i guess the altera_syncram_component's library is not found?
0 Kudos