Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16608 Discussions

opencl in DE5NET board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I set up the OpenCL environment according to the DE5-NET OpenCL manual for Altera SDK OpenCL 16.0. My computer environment is shown as follows. 

Altera SDK: AOCL-16.0.0.211; Quartus-16.0.0.211. 

I run the testing program provided by the DE5NET_openCL_BSP_16.0, some errors occur.  

(1) In the example hello_world, the flash memory can be programmed successfully by executing the command "aocl flash acl0 hello_world.aocx", but when I run the command "aocl program acl0 hello_world.aocx", system shows errors to load the shared library "libterasic_apb_16_0_mmd.so" (please refer to the attached file screenshot1.png). I checked the library. It is on the directory DE5NET_openCL_BSP_16.0\linux64\lib, and I have already added the path on the .bashrc file. The .bashrc file is shown as follows. 

# altera 

export ALTERAOCLSDKROOT=/home/tan/altera/16.0/hld 

export QSYS_ROOTDIR=/home/tan/altera/16.0/quartus/sopc_builder/bin 

export AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT=/home/tan/altera/16.0/hld/board/DE5NET_openCL_bsp_16.0 

export QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE=/home/tan/altera/16.0/quartus 

export QUARTUS_ROOTDIR=/home/tan/altera/16.0/quartus 

export QUARTUS_64BIT=1 

# opencl 

export PATH=/home/tan/altera/16.0/hld/bin:$PATH 

export PATH=/home/tan/altera/16.0/quartus/bin/quartus:$PATH 

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT"/linux64/lib:"$ALTERAOCLSDKROOT"/host/linux64/lib 

export PATH=$PATH:"$QUARTUS_ROOTDIR"/bin:"$ALTERAOCLSDKROOT"/linux64/bin:"$ALTERAOCLSDKROOT"/bin:"$AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT"/linux64/bin 

(2) in the example vector_add, when I compile the OpenCL kernel by using the command "aoc device/vector_add.cl -o bin/vector_add.aocx --board de5net_a7", the error information is shown in the attached file screenshot2.png.  

I also tried the system on the CentOS 6.8, the errors are same. Please give me some suggestions how to solve it. 

Thanks a lot. 

steven
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Why are you programming the FPGA offline? The host code will automatically program the FPGA at runtime. 

You should probably remove the quotation marks from your LD_LIBRARY_PATH. 

Also your screenshots are too small and cannot be read. 

Finally, you are using an old version of Quartus/AOC; always try to use the latest version compatible with your BSP, which in your case would be 16.1.2.
0 Kudos