Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

parameter viewing & docs

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have an existing Stratix5 design and want to check the parameter settings of PLLs and GTs. In Vivado, these are conveniently shown in the technology viewer, but I can't find a way to do this in Quartus. I'm also not finding these parameter details documented. I've looked in all the docs one would expect, V-Series Transceiver PHY IP Core User Guide, Quartus Handbooks (3 volumes), Stratix V Device Handbook: Transceivers).  

For example, Xilinx documents in detail the various ways their transceivers can be configured (eg., clock mux'ing through PMA/CDR). Each parameter down to the individual bit is documented, and, each can be correlated and viewed in the technology.  

Am I missing something, or does Altera really not provide this level of detail? 

Thanks, 

Mike
0 Kudos
0 Replies