Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16602 Discussions

problem with alt2gxb megafunction

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using alt2gxb megafunction, (OIF) CEI PHY interface protocol in transmitter only mode. The channel width is 32 bits and input clock frequency is 156.25 MHz. The output of transmitter is then connected to the other alt2gxb megafunction with same configuration in receiver only mode .I am using Active HDL for simulation and transmitting 32 bits of data but I don't get that data at the receiving side. 

I am using QuratusII 6.0 to generate alt2gxb megafunction. 

Can anyone help me solve this problem. 

Thanks,
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Nabeen, 

The first thing I would recommend would be to upgrade both Quartus and the IP library you are using. The current version of Quartus is 7.1 Service Pack 1. the latest version is vailable for download on the Altera web site. Make sure that you install all of the IP libraries too. 

You'll also need to re-instantiate your components with the latest 7.1 libraries. 

After you have done this, then the next thing to check would be to check that your REFCLK is present, your PLLs are locked and your transmitter is out of reset. 

Hope this helps, 

RedSavina.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi RedSavina 

Thanks for the reply. I am using Aldec VHDL .I could not find the upgrade for Quartus II 7.1 on Aldec's website. I found th upgrades for Verilog but not for VHDL. Is there any way we can solve this issue. 

Thanks, 

Nabeen
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

cant say i have ever heard of Aldec, 

have you tried the altera web site for Quartus? 

http://www.altera.com/products/software/products/quartus2/qts-index.html 

Redsavina
0 Kudos