Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16608 Discussions

qmegawiz command line troubles

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm trying to create an altsyncram with the following command: 

qmegawiz -silent wizard="RAM: 1-PORT" WIDTH_A=8 WIDTHAD_A=8 myram.v 

However, I get the error message: 

Error: Incorrect or unknown megafunction RAM: 1-PORT Error: Megafunction name not known or cannot be found qmegawiz <file_name> The last argument to qmegawiz should be the file name. options: -help or -h Displays this help module=<mf_name> Specifies the megafunction name to create new wrappers from command line Megafunction parameters and ports can be specified in the command line Megafunction name is optional when editing existing wrappers entity=<mf_name> same as module=<mf_name> megafunction=<mf_name> same as module=<mf_name> wizard=<wizard_name> Specifies the wizard name to create new wrappers from command line Wizard name is optional when editing wrappers plugin=<wizard_name> same as wizard=<wizard_name> -f:<param_file> Gets parameter assignments and port selections from the given file. -p:<working_dir> Sets the default working directory Megafunction parameters should be specified in the format <par_name>=<value> Megafunction port usage can be set as <port>=used or <port>=unused Optional output files generated by the megawizard can be selected/deselected through the parameter OPTIONAL_FILES. INST controls the generation of <variation>_inst.v INC controls the generation of <variation>.inc CMP controls the generation of <variation>.cmp BSF controls the generation of <variation>.bsf BB controls the generation of <variation>_bb.v WAVE controls the generation of sample waveform file(s) (wherever the wizard supports it) SIM_NETLIST controls the generation of simulation netlist file (wherever the wizard supports it) SYNTH_NETLIST controls the generation of synthesis netlist file (wherever the wizard supports it) ALL generates all the applicable optional files NONE disables the generation of all optional files The above values when preceded by a '-' disable the generation of the file Multiple files can be enabled or disabled as shown below OPTIONAL_FILES=NONE|INC|CMP enables include and component files only OPTIONAL_FILES=ALL|-INC enables all files except include file List of megafunctions supported by the qmegawiz command line mode are altclkctrl altfp_sincos altfp_matrix_mult altfp_mult scfifo altiobuf_bidir altfp_abs alt4gxb altlvds_tx altfp_inv altecc_decoder altiobuf_in altfp_matrix_inv altmult_accum altlvds_rx altfp_add_sub altmult_complex altddio_bidir altddio_out altasmi_parallel altfp_log altotp alt_c3gxb altiobuf_out altfp_inv_sqrt altecc_encoder altfp_div altfp_compare altfp_exp altfp_sqrt altfp_convert alttemp_sense dcfifo altshift_taps altsyncram alt2gxb altddio_in altpll altremote_update altpll_reconfig  

However when I try: 

qmegawiz -silent wizard="RAM: 1-PORT" myram.v 

It seems to create the ram with default values (ie it works). Does anyone know what my problem is? 

Thank you, 

Kevin
1 Reply
MTosc
Beginner

​I have the exact same problem.

Using the command:

qmegawiz -silent wizard="RAM: 1-PORT" -f:myram_parameters.txt myram.vhd

i am unable to create a custom single port RAM. Instead the same error as in the original question pops up.

myram_parameters.txt

ADDRESS_ACLR_A=NONE INDATA_ACLR_A=NONE INTENDED_DEVICE_FAMILY=MAX10 NUMWORDS_A=2048 OPERATION_MODE=SINGLE_PORT OUTDATA_ACLR_A=NONE OUTDATA_REG_A=CLOCK0 POWER_UP_UNINITIALIZED=FALSE WIDTHAD_A=11 WIDTH_A=32 WIDTH_BYTEENA_A=1 WRCONTROL_ACLR_A=NONE DEVICE_FAMILY=MAX10 CBX_AUTO_BLACKBOX=ALL address_a clock0 q_a

Also i noticed that the altsyncram module is not being listed as a supported megafunction anymore:

List of megafunctions supported by the qmegawiz command line mode are alt2gxb alt4gxb altasmi_parallel altclkctrl altddio_bidir altddio_in altddio_out altecc_decoder altecc_encoder altfp_abs altfp_add_sub altfp_atan altfp_compare altfp_convert altfp_div altfp_exp altfp_inv_sqrt altfp_inv altfp_log altfp_matrix_inv altfp_matrix_mult altfp_mult altfp_sincos altfp_sqrt altiobuf_bidir altiobuf_in altiobuf_out altlvds_rx altlvds_tx altmult_accum altmult_complex altotp altparallel_flash_loader altpll_reconfig altpll altremote_update altserial_flash_loader altshift_taps alttemp_sense alt_c3gxb alt_fault_injection dcfifo scfifo

PS: Using the qmegawiz GUI works flawlessly, why doesn't the command line tool??

0 Kudos