Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

" syntax error in protected region" while compiling intel_rdbk_wrbk ip for simulation for mentor.

achandel
Novice

Hi,

I am trying to run the simulation model for the readback writeback IP provided by the intel (intel_rdbk_wrbk.ip). Below are the steps I followed for the same:

1. Once HDL  for simulation model is generated, I went inside sim/mentor and used "msim_setup.tcl" to create additional do file for running simulation.

2. Let's call this do file "mentor.do". It has some commands to compile the intel IPs for simulation. It also sources msim_setup.tcl file

3. I ran this file using questasim command "vsim -c -do mentor.do".

4. After compiling all development internal IPs, it errors out while compiling the inter_rdbk_wrbk IP.

The error message is:

intel_rdbk_wrbk_191/sim/full_chip/device_params_s10_10m.sv(42):   (vlog-13205) syntax error in protected region.

I can see in the Verilog file that this is specifically for the synopsis. I am not sure why mentor specific file is not picked.

I would appreciate any pointers on this.

Let me know if more info is required on this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KeenYewL_Intel

Hello there, are you working on ASIC prototyping? Do you have a sales representative that could help you to channel your question to Intel through IPS? 

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Ankit,

Can you point to me the document you are referring to. I have never heard of readback writeback IP in Quartus. If it exists, by default should be there in the IP catalog. Is it a custom IP of yours? 

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Thanks KY for the information. 

Hi Ankit,

How did you add or search intel_rdbk_wrbk ip in Quartus? Is it specifically for a device like DIB IP for S10 10M?

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos