Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14956 Discussions

" syntax error in protected region" while compiling intel_rdbk_wrbk ip for simulation for mentor.

achandel
Novice

Hi,

I am trying to run the simulation model for the readback writeback IP provided by the intel (intel_rdbk_wrbk.ip). Below are the steps I followed for the same:

1. Once HDL  for simulation model is generated, I went inside sim/mentor and used "msim_setup.tcl" to create additional do file for running simulation.

2. Let's call this do file "mentor.do". It has some commands to compile the intel IPs for simulation. It also sources msim_setup.tcl file

3. I ran this file using questasim command "vsim -c -do mentor.do".

4. After compiling all development internal IPs, it errors out while compiling the inter_rdbk_wrbk IP.

The error message is:

intel_rdbk_wrbk_191/sim/full_chip/device_params_s10_10m.sv(42):   (vlog-13205) syntax error in protected region.

I can see in the Verilog file that this is specifically for the synopsis. I am not sure why mentor specific file is not picked.

I would appreciate any pointers on this.

Let me know if more info is required on this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KeenYewL_Intel

Hello there, are you working on ASIC prototyping? Do you have a sales representative that could help you to channel your question to Intel through IPS? 

SyafieqS_Intel

Hi Ankit,

Can you point to me the document you are referring to. I have never heard of readback writeback IP in Quartus. If it exists, by default should be there in the IP catalog. Is it a custom IP of yours? 

Thanks,

Regards

SyafieqS_Intel

Thanks KY for the information. 

Hi Ankit,

How did you add or search intel_rdbk_wrbk ip in Quartus? Is it specifically for a device like DIB IP for S10 10M?

Thanks,

Regards