Hello. So I am trying to simulate a simple JK flip-flop, and for some reason, when I try to do so, Q and Qbar stay as XX. The simulation works if I remove the clock. I don't know why that would affect anything. Please help me. I'm just a poor college student trying to graduate.
The simulation does not work due to the inherent behavior of the JK master slave FF:
- If CLK is low at the start, the outputs Q and Qb will be X irrespective of the state of J and K.
- If CLk is high at the start and J=0 and K=1, the outputs will still be X. (K input is also Reset for SR flop which is used to build the JK master-slave)
To get the simulation working,
- Shift the clock edge by some x ns so that it starts HIGH.
- Assign J =1 and K = 0 , this is the set condition for the FF.
- Follow the rest of the JK FF truth table.