Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

waveform simulation..

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i tried to download quartus to my laptop but it does't seem to have the waveform simulation tool..is any how i can activate it. 

thanks.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

waveform already built in Quartus. Click File->New->Verification/Debugging Files->Vector Waveform File

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

waveform already built in Quartus. Click File->New->Verification/Debugging Files->Vector Waveform File 

--- Quote End ---  

What you told that is for the quartus 9 versions But i think "feka" has installed Q10.1 version so not able to find such tool of waveform 

@feka: 

In Q10.1,Altera has removed this feature of internal waveform simulator. 

Altera has enabled a GUI waveform editor in ModelSim-A(S)E (for QII 10.1 or later) to take the place of the internal wave editor 

So if you want to simulate,you will need to use modelsim only. 

hope this will help you
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

@Supal 

do i have to download again Multisim or it's already in the web edition ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

@Supal 

do i have to download again Multisim or it's already in the web edition ? 

--- Quote End ---  

Multisim???? Do you want to make circuit??? 

I think you were talking about Modelsim,so YES you will need to download it separately.Though Quartus and modelsim both provided by altera but they are needed to be downloaded separately.Modelsim is not come with quartus. 

Once you will download and install that,you will get an idea how to proceed further about simulation. 

Hope now you understood about your problem :)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yeah sorry i was saying modelsim.. 

but i download it separetely,how does it gonna work together? 

for exemple if i have a schematic block and would like to simulate it,using waveform and also have the report.. 

thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I feel you are not familiar with Modelsim as you always used quartus internal simulator. 

I can not describe so long over here but just little in brief i can direct you. 

As you said you have created a block and now wanna simulate it so in quartus click on  

file-->create/update-->create HDL design files from the current files then it will ask your preferred language (i.e. verilog or vhdl..it's upto you) 

Choose your language and it will create that file for you in project directory 

Then you open modelsim and create new project and add that (.vhd or .v) file to you project and now you are ready for the simulation in modelsim. 

If you havent tried modelsim yet,this thing wil be little difficult for u to understand totally. 

So you read 

http://www.altera.com/literature/hb/qts/qts_qii53001.pdf 

and read also modelsim help guide. 

I think you will get an idea. 

:) :) :) :)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

@Supal 

thank you very much, i will try to do that. 

feka
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you can use ModelSim-Altera for simulation

0 Kudos