Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

what problem with SDK for OPenCL v17.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all! 

I'm trying run opencl example hello_world on quartus v17.1.  

the compiler guider document wrote that compiler time may some hours. but i run two days, still don't have result. 

what is the matter with my object? 

Thanks for your help. 

https://alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15384&stc=1 https://alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15384&stc=1
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please post the specs of your compilation machine (CPU model, memory size) and attach the "quartus_sh_compile.log" file.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Please post the specs of your compilation machine (CPU model, memory size) and attach the "quartus_sh_compile.log" file. 

--- Quote End ---  

CPU intel Core I5-6500, 16gb of Ram, windows 7 64bit 

i dont understand what is the ""quartus_sh_compile.log" file?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When you are compiling the kernel, a folder will be created on your disk with the same name as the kernel. Look inside that folder for the file that I mentioned. It includes the compilation log. Also please mention your FPGA board name.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

When you are compiling the kernel, a folder will be created on your disk with the same name as the kernel. Look inside that folder for the file that I mentioned. It includes the compilation log. Also please mention your FPGA board name. 

--- Quote End ---  

it is true that the system generate a new folder ,but i still dont find the quartus_sh_compile file that you mentioned. I just run the hello_world example, so dont require connect to any FPGA Board
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This has nothing to do with whether you have an FPGA board or not. If you don't have the quartus_sh_compile file, it means the placement and routing process has not even started.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

This has nothing to do with whether you have an FPGA board or not. If you don't have the quartus_sh_compile file, it means the placement and routing process has not even started. 

--- Quote End ---  

So if i install a board, that proplem is solved or not? And because size of RAM(16Gb) of my PC, so the compile time will take along time?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This problem is not related to whether you have a board installed or not. 16 GB is enough for targeting Cyclone devices; for bigger devices, you need much more memory. Check the following page for Altera's memory size recommendations: 

http://dl.altera.com/requirements/18.0/
0 Kudos