Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15556 Discussions

what problem with SDK for OPenCL v17.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all! 

I'm trying run opencl example hello_world on quartus v17.1.  

the compiler guider document wrote that compiler time may some hours. but i run two days, still don't have result. 

what is the matter with my object? 

Thanks for your help. 

https://alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15384&stc=1 https://alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15384&stc=1
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please post the specs of your compilation machine (CPU model, memory size) and attach the "quartus_sh_compile.log" file.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Please post the specs of your compilation machine (CPU model, memory size) and attach the "quartus_sh_compile.log" file. 

--- Quote End ---  

CPU intel Core I5-6500, 16gb of Ram, windows 7 64bit 

i dont understand what is the ""quartus_sh_compile.log" file?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When you are compiling the kernel, a folder will be created on your disk with the same name as the kernel. Look inside that folder for the file that I mentioned. It includes the compilation log. Also please mention your FPGA board name.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

When you are compiling the kernel, a folder will be created on your disk with the same name as the kernel. Look inside that folder for the file that I mentioned. It includes the compilation log. Also please mention your FPGA board name. 

--- Quote End ---  

it is true that the system generate a new folder ,but i still dont find the quartus_sh_compile file that you mentioned. I just run the hello_world example, so dont require connect to any FPGA Board
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This has nothing to do with whether you have an FPGA board or not. If you don't have the quartus_sh_compile file, it means the placement and routing process has not even started.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

This has nothing to do with whether you have an FPGA board or not. If you don't have the quartus_sh_compile file, it means the placement and routing process has not even started. 

--- Quote End ---  

So if i install a board, that proplem is solved or not? And because size of RAM(16Gb) of my PC, so the compile time will take along time?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This problem is not related to whether you have a board installed or not. 16 GB is enough for targeting Cyclone devices; for bigger devices, you need much more memory. Check the following page for Altera's memory size recommendations: 

http://dl.altera.com/requirements/18.0/