Intel® QuickAssist Technology (Intel® QAT)
For questions and discussions related to Intel® QuickAssist Technology (Intel® QAT).

All Sapphire Rapids supports QAT?

sakaia
Beginner

Is all sapphire rapids supports QAT (Quick Assist Technology)?

As for an example of 6430, Which Item describe the support status ("Intel QuickAssis Software Acceleration" or Activation Model Products QAT?)

Intel® Xeon® Gold 6430 Processor

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/231737/intel-xeon-gold-6430-processor-60m-cache-2-10-ghz.html

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, sakaia.

Thank you for waiting.

In this case, all 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors support the Intel QAT Acceleration Technology, which means the QAT driver can be installed and used, however, depending on the Processor SKU, there may or may not be QAT End Points available. This means that if there is QAT End Points, the QAT driver will use them for the acceleration operation, freeing the CPU cores of those tasks, but if there is no QAT End Points available, the QAT driver will run using the CPU cores.

Now, to determine which Processor SKU has QAT End Points available, the ARK site can help with this task. For example, that Intel® Xeon® Gold 6430 Processor does not have QAT End Points, and there are no available upgrades/endpoints via On Demand either, which means this SKU doesn't have QAT hardware available, but it can still run the QAT driver using CPU cores, that's why the line "Intel® QuickAssist Software Acceleration" says "Yes".

This other example using the Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8480+ Processor has QAT End Points available by default, and also has more available as an On Demand upgrade. This is noted in ARK, under "Advanced Technologies". Any SKU that has QAT hardware available will list them in this section.

A comparison between these two processors can be seen here: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=231746,231737

If you have other questions, please let me know, and I will follow up on June 6th in case we do not hear from you.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, sakaia.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your thread regarding QAT and Sapphire Rapids, and I will be helping you with this.

Please please allow us to work on your inquiry and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, sakaia.

Thank you for waiting.

In this case, all 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors support the Intel QAT Acceleration Technology, which means the QAT driver can be installed and used, however, depending on the Processor SKU, there may or may not be QAT End Points available. This means that if there is QAT End Points, the QAT driver will use them for the acceleration operation, freeing the CPU cores of those tasks, but if there is no QAT End Points available, the QAT driver will run using the CPU cores.

Now, to determine which Processor SKU has QAT End Points available, the ARK site can help with this task. For example, that Intel® Xeon® Gold 6430 Processor does not have QAT End Points, and there are no available upgrades/endpoints via On Demand either, which means this SKU doesn't have QAT hardware available, but it can still run the QAT driver using CPU cores, that's why the line "Intel® QuickAssist Software Acceleration" says "Yes".

This other example using the Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8480+ Processor has QAT End Points available by default, and also has more available as an On Demand upgrade. This is noted in ARK, under "Advanced Technologies". Any SKU that has QAT hardware available will list them in this section.

A comparison between these two processors can be seen here: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=231746,231737

If you have other questions, please let me know, and I will follow up on June 6th in case we do not hear from you.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, sakaia.

Good day,

I wanted to follow up on this community thread to check if we can help you with anything else.

I will follow up one last time on June 9th before closing the thread if there is no confirmation about further assistance being required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
sakaia
Beginner

Thank you for your various suggestion. It is very helpful.

I am delay to found the closing issue button. Now I found it.

Sorry for your inconvinience.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, sakaia.

Thank you for taking the time to mark this topic as resolved.

The thread will be closed right now, and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, just open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos