Intel® Rendering Toolkit
Receive answers to your big data visualization questions from community peers and Intel experts.
32 Discussions

I am unable to establish a VNC connection.

sreej
Beginner

I'm a noob.

I tried to establish a VNC connection through turbovnc.

followed each steps shown in https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/rendering-toolkit-for-linux/

but failed to establish a connection.

I included all the commands and results as screenshots.

please help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi @sreej ,

Thanks for the interest and the reference.

Unfortunately, that document was targeted toward the beta timeframe of IDC and VNC forwarding is no longer available. New document owners are resolving that document.

Open VKL centric onboarding alternatives:

• A local install to run GUI apps
  • vklTutorial and vklMinimal (minimal) tutorial (command line) series on Intel Developer Cloud or on the repository 
  • Using headless (batch) mode of an application like OSPRay Studio to render volume
  • Getting Started Sample for Open VKL from the oneAPI distribution of Rendering Toolkit

A previous user ran into some similar issues... if you happen to run VNCserver on your own (non-Developer Cloud) environment locally for any reason, I provided some tips in that thread.

If the above alternatives don't help resolve your issue, can you describe your goal? Perhaps we can find another, non-VNC, path.

Thanks,

-MichaelC

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel1

Bumping this thread after adding webbrowser based developer training links to the previous reply:

Although there are no interactive GUI apps, this is a good path for newbies as no install is required.

-MichaelC

0 Kudos