Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
445 Discussions

Cannot create ITB files on RedHat 7.x

sraus
Beginner

Hi,

I'm following the steps from rocketboards.org -> Arria_10_SoC -> Boot_from_SD_Card and last step from building u-boot doesn't work:

tools/mkimage -E -f board/altera/arria10-socdk/fit_spl_fpga.its fit_spl_fpga.itb

giving next issue:

FATAL ERROR: Couldn't open "board/altera/arria10-socdk/fit_spl_fpga.its": No such file or directory
tools/mkimage: Can't open fit_spl_fpga.itb.tmp: No such file or directory

I'm using Quartus PRO 20.4 and 'socfpga_v2020.10' branch from u-boot-socfpga  repository.

I have verified that the files exists, file permissions and ownership. I have even copied fit_spl_fpga.its files near mkimage, and tried to create fit_spl_fpga.itb.tmp and give all permissions.

I have tried also with default mkimage (the one installed in /usr/bin), instead of mkimage from tools. I have tried with given its files ( created by following steps from rocketboards.org -> Arria_10_SoC -> Boot_from_SD_Card) and also with custom its files with custom RBFs.

For all situations above I'm getting the same issue.

The issue is reproducible on RHEL 7.x (most of the experiments were done on Red Hat 7.7) , I successfully manage to run all commands and generate all necessary files but only on Ubuntu.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Stefan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Currently, we only tested Ubuntu and we recommend what have been used and tested working which is Ubuntu, version 18.04 was used in the example.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

For latest boot using Arria 10 SoC booting via SD Card please refer below guide:

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/BuildingBootloader?_ts1622725596096=;erpm_id=9755739_ts1622725596096#Arria_10_SoC_45_Boot_from_SD_Card

Regards,

Eber.

0 Kudos
sraus
Beginner

@EBERLAZARE_I_Intel 

I have used exactly the same link send by you and I also specified it in question.

"mkimage" command works fine on Ubuntu but fails on RedHat 7.x giving me :

FATAL ERROR: Couldn't open "board/altera/arria10-socdk/fit_spl_fpga.its": No such file or directory
tools/mkimage: Can't open fit_spl_fpga.itb.tmp: No such file or directory

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Currently, we only tested Ubuntu and we recommend what have been used and tested working which is Ubuntu, version 18.04 was used in the example.

0 Kudos