Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
444 Discussions

Compile errors for Arria 10 SoC bootloader

corestar
New Contributor I

I'm using Quartus 19.1 on Windows 7 Pro and attempting to compile a bootloader for Arria 10 SoC from QSPI as instructed on this page:

Bootloader Instructions 

The bsp-editor makefile also directs me to the above link.

I'm using cygwin as instructed in the EDS manual. I followed all the directions including downloading the tools etc and that all works.

But when I get to the stage shown in the attached, I get errors shown in the second attachment.

What am I doing wrong?

The code it is complaining about appears to involve C++ constructs such as the "inline" or "const" keywords. If I comment those out, it does not report an error on those lines. But it also reports errors on simple C code as in the third attachment.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience, to build the latest bootloader you need to use Linux. The page is linked is the guide that you can follow in a Linux environment. Since the bootloader can boot to Linux and most embedded is using Linux, we recommend that you too build the bootloader using Linux.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience, to build the latest bootloader you need to use Linux. The page is linked is the guide that you can follow in a Linux environment. Since the bootloader can boot to Linux and most embedded is using Linux, we recommend that you too build the bootloader using Linux.

0 Kudos
corestar
New Contributor I

That's a shame. It really does make life difficult for Windows users for a tool flow that is already quite cumbersome. The EDS user guide says to download cygwin which is what led me to believe this would work.