Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
455 Discussions

DE1-SoC Cyclone V is not getting detected

MERL
Beginner

Hello All,

Previously i was using Intel Quartus Prime Lite Edition software on Windows 7 to program the Cyclone V SoC FPGA Board. The board was getting detected and was also got program but from last few days it throw me an error that it cant detect the hardware. I have re-install the drivers and all but still didnt get any progress.

Any help on this

Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Merl

I am jingyang, and I will be in charge of your case.

Could you share what is the error message that you are getting?

I would suggest to use the Quartus Prime Standard for working with the CycloneV board.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Merl

Any update on this case?

Could you also try taking a look at the dip switch of the MSEL?

Try reverting the MSEL switches to default MSEL0:4 " 0 1 0 0 1".

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
MERL
Beginner

Hello,

Yes the issue is solved. The issue was that the jic file was not uploaded properly due to which it was not allowing other programs to get uploaded. 

I have switch the MSEL pin to other configuration and upload the dummy program and it solved my issue.

thanks for the quick response

Regards:

MERL

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Since this thread been resolve, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If you happened to close this thread you might receive a survey. If you think you would rank your support experience less than 10 out of 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or if the problem can’t be corrected, please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future service experience.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos