Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
320 Discussions

DS-5 correct paths, compiler settings to develop C app running under Linux

APaci1
Novice

Hi to everyone! I'm develop (I wish..) a C app for HPS running under Linux (Cyclone5 SoC self-developed card)

• I obtained a Angstrom 2018.06 running linux distro.
  • I use DS-5 starting from Hello word Linux example : Ok, it runs linking my target with remote session host debug!
  • Following Led example, I'm attempt to open a dev/mem to link my ONCHIP ram space, connected to Master Axi Bus
  • My difficult is: there is a bunch of libraries to include :
  • LINUX related (mman.h, fcntl, stdio etc) but under my distro in spl folder there are almost 5 of fcntl and so on!
  • MY QSYS-HPS related (hps_0.h, ..... )
  • Some standard for HPS (from ds5 folder/embedded/ip/...

Compiler question: depending of compiler , GCC complier fails with ordinary C code, selecting ARM-5 compiler, I have a bunch of error due to wrong references in my libraries: option 0_RDWR, O_SYNC are not resolved and so on.

My question: there is a clear tutorial to learn how DS-5 environment DS-5 must be set and which are the correct paths to include al needed libs to run in reliable mode? Code examples for Leds and so on are quit clear: I must create an access to virtual memory and open a file with appropriate base, span addresses to R/W my peripherals. But applyng these examples in DS-5 , it is very hard to understand which are correct libraries !!! Any suggestion is appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
APaci1
Novice

Attached here there is my first attempt to do a onchip read operation..

similar to many examples.

APaci1
Novice

Another issue: HPS C for linux examples shows includes related to target Linux file system (as dev/mem as so on). How I set DS-5 to compile these C sources in order to have correct libraries link? On my local PC I haven't the Linux file system, I have only my s...software/spl directory in which there is my Linaro Linux for arm distro... I think that main issue to solve it is!

EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Are you using the DS-5 that comes from the SoC EDS?

We have a GCC-Based BareMetal Project Management:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_soc_eds.pdf#page=29

Is this similar to what you are looking for?

Regards.