Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
460 Discussions

How can I use FVP with ARM Development Studio 2020.1?

Saumil
Beginner

Hello,

We have a mitysom module in our product which is Cyclone v based. We are using Arm development studio for development and have an elm license (for Intel products), we can compile the code. We want to use FVP for simulation purposes but cannot get it to work. It is throwing a license error.

My arm license on their website says: owner is "Patel, Saumil/Intel Corporation". Do I need to buy any license from intel to use FVP? I thought the base FVPs are free and If they are then my another issue is I do not see BASE FVPs listed in the new connection for debug profile.

I am using ARM DS 2020.1 downloaded from Intel's website.

Thank you for help,

Saumil

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Saumil

From the information from the Arm website, it seems like you would need to download some additional librarys for the FVP and a separate license to work with the FVP.

Please refer to the link below:

https://developer.arm.com/Tools%20and%20Software/Fixed%20Virtual%20Platforms

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Saumil

From the information from the Arm website, it seems like you would need to download some additional librarys for the FVP and a separate license to work with the FVP.

Please refer to the link below:

https://developer.arm.com/Tools%20and%20Software/Fixed%20Virtual%20Platforms

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Saumil

Any update on this case?

Did you manage to get it running after downloading the additional libraries and license?

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
Saumil
Beginner

Hi Jingyang,

Thanks for the response. It seems like FVP are not part of the existing ARM elm license for intel/altera products. We are currently evaluating QEMU as an option since FVP will require a different license than what we have.

Thank you,

Saumil

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Since this thread been resolve, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If you happened to close this thread you might receive a survey. If you think you would rank your support experience less than 10 out of 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or if the problem can’t be corrected, please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future service experience.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos