Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
444 Discussions

I am working on MAX 10. nSTATUS pin is required an external input buffer to support hot-socketing. I would like to know how to design the external input buffer Thank you

BSiri
Beginner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi BSiri,

The hot socketing circuit does not include nSTATUS pin. This to ensure nSTATUS pin are able to operate during configuration (not in tri-states mode).

Thanks

0 Kudos
BSiri
Beginner

Thanks for your answer. I already knew that hot-socketing does not support nstatus and I found in the connection guideline that

I have to implement an external input buffer. Is my schematic correct?

Thank you

nstatus.PNG

input buffer.PNG

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi Bsiri,

You can use your schematic.

However, based on my recommendation, I suggest you to parallel the Resistor (R). Refer to picture below (sorry for my ugly drawing... 😂 😂):

Input Buffer Hysteresis.png

1.When Input switched on the capacitor voltage is zero, thus the output is HIGH.

• The high output voltage will start to charge C via R.
  • When the capacitor reach the higher threshold the inverter sees this as high voltage and the output will go LOW

2.When output is LOW:

• The capacitor will now start discharge to the low output through R.
  • When the capacitor reach the lower threshold the inverter sees this as low voltage and the output will go HIGH.

3.The capacitor will start charge again and the whole thing repeats.

I hope this will help.

Thanks

0 Kudos